Monday, April 7, 2008

Upstairs Kitchen Quiche



Recipes who needs them? Both Thread and I will follow one if need be, but we are more of the types that can look in the fridge and cabinets and whip something up. I thought this was a normal, but it always seems to amaze house guests, so I guess its a skill? But quiche is my go to easy meal, its easy to pack for lunch, its full of veggies and protein and easy!

Quiche

1 frozen pie crust ( I know normally I would make it by scratch but the kitchen isn't quite ready...)
1 bag of frozen spinach or fresh if its available (bag is better than the block of spinach as there is no need to thaw and drain)
1 yellow onion
1 block of Swiss cheese
6 eggs
some milk or heavy cream
a bit of butter

Slice the onion and sauté with a bit of butter until translucent and slightly crispy.

Fill pie shell with frozen spinach, add a layer of shredded cheese, and then add onions on top of that. Beat the 6 eggs and some milk or cream until combined, then pour into the pie shell till it covers the spinach and onion, and finally I cover the top with cheese. I don't season this Quiche because I find the Swiss cheese is often salty enough on its own.

Into the oven its goes at 350 degrees until an inserted knife comes out clean.

This will keep all week covered in the fridge. I don't recommend freezing quiche like Momma Butter did one time, we ended up having pizza that night.

No comments: